Are You Wiring Money or Withdrawing Cash?
You Could Be Falling for One of These Common Scams!
- IRS Imposters. Someone pretending to be from the Internal Revenue Service demands payment for back taxes. The IRS never calls people.
- Arrested Relative. You are told a relative has been arrested and needs emergency money.
- Sweepstakes Winner. You get a notice that you ‘won’ a contest and have to send money to collect your prize.
- Tech Support. Someone calls or emails you that your computer needs service and you must send money before it can be fixed.
- Secret Shopper. You receive a check and are instructed to cash it and purchase money orders or gift cards.
BEFORE you send money, be sure! Call your bank or contact your local police department!